Last updated January 25, 2018
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
- Non-Clients: If you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form to request a whitepaper, or ask us to contact you – we will collect personally identifiable information such as your name, email address and phone number. We will utilize this information to help us satisfy your request and may utilize this information to present various marketing messages to you. These messages may include email messages, internet advertising on third party websites, or other marketing/business activity. We do not share or sell any of this information to anybody and we use this information strictly for the purposes stated above.
- Clients: If we are providing IT services for you, in order to provide these services, we will collect various information. Browsing the Site and/or requesting information and/or advice from us does not constitute a Service Provider – Client relationship with us. Prior to becoming a client of ours, a separate agreement is required. Client information is confidential. The terms of service and privacy policies for clients are detailed in a separate support agreement.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION – IP ADDRESS TRACKING, COOKIES, WEB BEACONS
MARKETING CONTACT LISTS, EMAIL CHOICE/OPT-OUT, PHYSICAL, EMAIL, INTERNET ADVERTISEMENT MARKETING
As is standard business practice, we maintain various marketing lists, including lists of our clients, contacts of our clients, as well as others of whom we are aware that may be potentially interested in our services. This information is collected and maintained by various means. These lists may be used for items such as email marketing, physical mail marketing and internet-based advertisement marketing. For email and internet based marketing, we are committed to complying with an opt-in only approach in compliance with the CAN-SPAM act and internet based marketing provider terms of service.
If you receive an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, please follow the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to opt-out from future email communication. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request. It is possible that we may utilize email addresses for certain internet marketing campaigns. We are committed to only using email addresses that have opted-in to receive our communication. If you opt-out of email communications in the future, it is our policy to also opt-out of using your email for internet-based marketing as well. Additionally, Google specifically provides the following procedures to opt-out of seeing personalized advertisements. We utilize Google Analytics, see the following information from Google regarding Analytics Privacy. Google provides the following Google Analytics Opt-out Tool.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access as well as unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical controls to safeguard and secure the information. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties other than to our suppliers or other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services (including marketing services) on our behalf unless required to do so by law. Further, we reserve the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected. We may transfer personally identifiable (such as your name, company and business email address or phone number) or other information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or other change in control. This would be done strictly to support the continuity of normal business processes. We may disclose Contact Information or other personally identifiable information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to help provide a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters. We use your information for various business purposes, including measuring the effectiveness of the Site and for marketing purposes, including remarketing. Remarketing means displaying advertisements to people because they have previously visited a website.
TARGETED INTERNET ADVERTISING – INCLUDING REMARKETING & “SIMILAR AUDIENCE” FEATURES
The Site may utilize remarketing features from Google and other third-party providers. We may also use “similar audience” features from Google and possibly other third-party providers. These features help present our advertising to people who have previously visited the Site or others who may be interested in our services. This helps match the right people with the right marketing message on third party websites. By means of cookies or other technologies such as “web beacons”, we (or third parties, such as Google and others) may be able to identify who has visited the Site, when the visit happened, and which pages were viewed. We may utilize the fact that you have visited the Site, through third-party vendors to present advertisements to you in the future to you or to people “similar to you” in our online advertising on third party websites. We use targeted internet advertising services delivered by third parties, including Google. Our advertising may be presented to you on various third parties websites (in text, image, and video formats), by means of example only:
- To you because you have visited the Site:
- And requested information
- And subscribed to our newsletter
- And visited our Contact Us Page
- And performed some other activity which we believe indicated potential interest
- Or simply because you visited a single page on the Site
- To you because you are on our marketing list
- To others that a third party (Google or others) believes are “similar to you”
- Because you have searched for specific terms on search engines
- For any potential combination of above other myriad reasons commonly used by companies to market their goods and services which continues to evolve over time. These factors (either today or tomorrow as technology evolves) may be entirely different from reasons listed above, the above are simply listed for information on possible internet advertising criteria that we or any advertiser using modern technology might utilize. We work with third party advertisers to distribute our advertisements to third-party websites. We will help specify the target audience, messages and may generally be able to exercise a certain degree of control over the message presented and where the message is displayed for advertisements such as Google’s Display Ads (for example, we may choose to limit display ads frequency). However, other factors including the precise location presented and frequency by which the message is displayed, and other precise logic and rules utilized by third party vendors to display our advertisements is not directly under our control.
- Internet marketing is a powerful tool and those engaged in internet marketing bear a great deal of responsibility. Third party advertising vendors with whom we are engaged or with whom we may be engaged in the future hold advertisers to standards. We are committed to adhere to our responsibilities and will likewise hold third party advertisers to act responsibly as well. It is company policy to follow the highest standards of ethical practice in all business, including marketing. We make every effort to present advertisements that are 100% accurate and never misleading in any way. If you ever encounter any advertisement of ours which you feel could be potentially misleading in any way, please let us know at email@example.com. Additionally, we will only work with third party advertising partners that follow the strongest ethical practices as well. Some important advertising policies for the internet-based marketing industry, for reference:
FYI – HOW ADVERTISEMENT PERSONALIZATION, OPT-OUT OPTIONS, & SETTINGS WORK (UNIVERSAL STATEMENTS, NOT SPECIFIC TO THE SITE)
- Everything listed in this section are universal statements of our understanding of the state of technology. While these statements apply to the Site, we believe they may also apply to potentially every other site on the Internet.
- You have the ability to restrict acceptance of (opt-out) receiving cookies. You may wish to evaluate the information and options available at http://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/ or other similar websites for more information on managing advertising and privacy options. We make no warranties expressed or implied as to the effectiveness or accuracy of any information on any websites whatsoever, browser setting scans, or other tools.
- Additionally, while you may configure your browser or otherwise limit and/or restrict cookies, this alone does not guarantee privacy on any website. Other logs and tracking may be in place with any number of third parties including, but not limited to, your internet service provider or the website you are browsing. Moreover, there are currently no universally enforced standards to allow you to opt out of cookies. Lastly, web beacons (small generally invisible pictures included in websites for tracking purposes) generally work differently than cookies and may need to be addressed separately. It may be impossible or impractical to exercise any restriction or limit on web beacons whatsoever. We offer no promises, guarantees, or warranties of any kind as to the effectiveness of any of these opt-out measures with respect to your privacy on the Site or any website on the internet.
COMMENTING ON BLOG ARTICLES
The Site currently contains a number of blog articles and offers you the ability to submit a comment. All blog article comments are “moderated”, which means that we will generally review submitted comments and may elect to publish your comment and/or respond to your comment at our complete discretion. This means we may never publish your comment or we may publish your comment and then later elect to unpublish your comment without notice and at our sole discretion. We may also revoke the comment feature altogether at any time in the future without notice. In the future, should you desire to remove a comment from the Site that you have previously submitted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your comment. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT AS A COMMENT OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITE.
COPPA, EU COOKIE LAW, OTHER LAWS
With regards to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Site does not target children whatsoever. The Site specifically targets businesses and adults employed by those businesses and we do not and will not collect any personal information regarding children. The Site does not target businesses outside of the United States. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws.