Last updated August 16, 2018
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
- Clients: If we are providing IT services to you, in order to provide these services, we will collect various information. Browsing the Site and/or requesting information and/or advice from us does not constitute a Service Provider – Client relationship with us. Prior to becoming a client of ours, a separate agreement is required. Client information is confidential. The terms of service and privacy policies for clients are detailed in a separate support agreement.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION – IP ADDRESS TRACKING, COOKIES, WEB BEACONS
MARKETING CONTACT LISTS, EMAIL CHOICE/OPT-OUT, PHYSICAL, EMAIL, INTERNET ADVERTISEMENT MARKETING
As is standard business practice, we maintain various marketing lists, including lists of our clients, contacts of our clients, as well as others of whom we are aware that may be potentially interested in our services. This information is collected and maintained by various means. These lists may be used for items such as email marketing, physical mail marketing, and internet-based advertisement marketing. For email and internet-based marketing, we are committed to complying with an opt-in only approach in compliance with the CAN-SPAM act and internet-based marketing provider terms of service. If you receive an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, please follow the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to opt-out from future email communication. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
Google provides the following procedures to opt-out of seeing personalized advertisements. We utilize Google Analytics, see the following information from Google regarding Analytics Privacy. Google additionally provides the following Google Analytics Opt-out Tool. Facebook provides the following procedures to opt-out of seeing personalized advertisements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access as well as unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical controls to safeguard and secure the information. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties other than to our suppliers or other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services (including marketing services) on our behalf unless required to do so by law. We may disclose contact Information or other personally identifiable information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities. By the nature of the services we have enabled with marketing partners, it is possible that we are permitting certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters. We use your information for various business purposes, including measuring the effectiveness of the Site and for marketing purposes, including remarketing. Remarketing generally means displaying advertisements to people because they have previously visited our website.
TARGETED INTERNET ADVERTISING – INCLUDING REMARKETING & “SIMILAR AUDIENCE” FEATURES
The Site may utilize remarketing features from Google and other third-party providers. We may also use “similar audience” features from Google and possibly other third-party providers. These features help present our advertising to people who have previously visited the Site or others who may be interested in our services. This helps match the right people with the right marketing message on third party websites. By means of cookies or other technologies such as “web beacons”, we (or third parties) may be able to identify who has visited the Site, when the visit happened, and which pages were viewed. We may utilize the fact that you have visited the Site, through third-party vendors to present advertisements to you in the future to you or to people “similar to you” in our online advertising on third-party websites. We use targeted internet advertising services delivered by third parties, including Google and Facebook. Our advertising may be presented to you on various third parties websites (in text, image, and video formats), by means of example only:
- To you because you have visited the Site:
- And requested information
- And subscribed to our newsletter
- And performed some other activity which we believe indicated potential interest
- Or simply because you visited a single page on the Site
- To you because you are on our marketing list (particularly if we choose to use LinkedIn Ads in the future, which appears to have this capability, there are some limited ability to do this with Google Ads, as well)
- To others that a third party (Google or others) believes are “similar to you”
- Because you have searched for specific terms on search engines
- For any potential combination of above other myriad reasons commonly used by companies to market their goods and services which continues to evolve over time. These factors (either today or tomorrow as technology evolves) may be entirely different from reasons listed above, the above are simply listed for information on possible internet advertising criteria that we or any advertiser using modern technology might utilize. We work with third-party advertisers to distribute our advertisements to third-party websites. We will help specify the target audience, messages and may generally be able to exercise a certain degree of control over the message presented and where the message is displayed for advertisements such as Google’s Display Ads (for example, we may choose to limit display ads frequency). However, other factors including the precise location presented and frequency by which the message is displayed, and other precise logic and rules utilized by third-party vendors to display our advertisements is not directly under our control.
- Internet marketing is a powerful tool and those engaged in internet marketing bear a great deal of responsibility. Third party advertising vendors with whom we are engaged or with whom we may be engaged in the future hold advertisers to standards. We are committed to adhering to our responsibilities and will likewise hold third-party advertisers to act responsibly as well. It is company policy to follow the highest standards of ethical practice in all business, including marketing. We make every effort to present advertisements that are 100% accurate and never misleading in any way. If you ever encounter any advertisement of ours which you feel could be potentially misleading in any way, please let us know at email@example.com.
- You have the ability to restrict acceptance of (opt-out) receiving cookies. You may wish to evaluate the information and options available at http://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/ or other similar websites for more information on managing advertising and privacy options. We make no warranties expressed or implied as to the effectiveness or accuracy of any information on any websites whatsoever, browser setting scans, or other tools.
- Additionally, while you may configure your browser or otherwise limit and/or restrict cookies, this alone does not guarantee privacy on any website. Other logs and tracking may be in place with any number of third parties including, but not limited to, your internet service provider or the website you are browsing. Moreover, there are currently no universally enforced standards to allow you to opt out of cookies. Lastly, web beacons (small generally invisible pictures included in websites for tracking purposes), such as the Facebook Pixel generally work differently than cookies and may need to be addressed separately. It may be impossible or impractical to exercise any restriction or limit on web beacons whatsoever. We offer no promises, guarantees, or warranties of any kind as to the effectiveness of any of these opt-out measures with respect to your privacy on the Site or any website on the internet.
- Important internet advertising Policies (for reference):